Program for: Organizations
Purpose: To provide operating support to not-for-profit professional community-engaged arts organizations in Ontario.
Eligibility: To be eligible for this program, a community-engaged arts organization must:
- be a federal not-for-profit corporation with the head office in Ontario
- be led by professional personnel
- have completed at least two years of sustained, regular, ongoing programming in its community as of the application date (an organization that does not meet this requirement may instead apply for project funding)
- have a range of revenue sources such as private and government
- be governed by a board of directors or an advisory body solely responsible for the organization
- have community support and involvement demonstrated through one or more of the following: membership, fundraising and volunteer involvement
- have proof of sound financial management
- submit verification of financial results of the last completed fiscal year with their applications. The type of financial statement we require depends on the amount of your grant request and the size of your annual budget, as follows:
- over $30,000, for all revenue levels: audited financial statement
- $10,000 and under, for organizations with revenues under $100,000: unaudited financial statement (or, if available, review engagement or audited financial statement). Unaudited financial statements must be prepared using the format of the CADAC accounting template, which is to be found at www.thecadac.ca/cms/en/guides.html, along with a guide to its use
- all other requests and revenue levels: review engagement (or, if available, audited financial statement).
If you do not provide the type of financial statement required, we will reduce your grant request to an eligible level.
NOTE: Potential new applicants must contact the officer well in advance of the deadline to discuss eligibility and to request an application package.
Deadline Date: April 4, 2017
Grant notification letters will be mailed out four months after the application deadline.
Guidelines and Application Form
The following guidelines are for information only. Before making an application, please ensure you have the 2017 guidelines and application, which can be obtained by contacting the OAC (see below). Guidelines and application forms are available on the web at least three months before the deadline.
For all applicants:
Click here to read detailed qualifiers of the criteria that assessors will use while reading your application.
For more information
- Loree Lawrence, Community and Multidisciplinary Arts Officer, 416-969-7425, toll free 1-800-387-0058 extension 7425, email@example.com.
- Kateri Gauthier, Program Administrator, 416-969-7424, toll free 1-800-387-0058 extension 7424, firstname.lastname@example.org.
For Results Announcements for this program, please click here.