Program for: Individuals
Purpose: The Visual Artists grant program assists artists to create and develop new work and to continue work in progress.
Eligibility: This program is open to Ontario-based professional visual artists.
Established Artists - $15,000: May 3, 2016 deadline
- This category is for established artists and includes artists with an extensive body of work and with a history of national and international exhibitions and/or those who have achieved a wide degree of recognition. You must have at least 15 years of professional practice in order to apply to this category.
- If you have received a grant in this category you are no longer eligible to apply to the Mid-Career or Emerging Artists category.
Mid-Career Artists - $7,500: September 15, 2016 deadline
- This category is for artists in mid-career and includes artists past the early stages of their professional career who have produced a reasonable body of work and may have a fair degree of public exposure. You must have at least 8 years of professional practice to apply to this category.
- If you receive a grant in this category you are no longer eligible to apply to the Emerging Artists category.
Emerging Artists - $5,000: November 22, 2016 deadline
- This category is for emerging artists and is reserved for artists in the early years of their professional careers who may have a small exhibition record. You must have at least 3 years of professional practice to apply to this category.
Applicants may apply to only one category per year and should choose the category that is most appropriate to their artistic practice.
Guidelines and Online Application
OAC is launching our online grant application system.
The Visual Artists Emerging program is one of the programs chosen to pilot our new system prior to the official launch in 2017. Your deadline to apply online is November 22nd at 1 p.m. (NEW DEADLINE TIME).
Click here to register and apply.
We’re here to help
As this is one of the first programs to go online, you may experience a few hiccups. Please read the guidelines carefully and allow yourself extra time to apply.
- Program Guidelines (print version)
for a video with information on how to prepare effective support
material for visual arts and craft grant applications. You may also be
interested in other helpful tips.
For more information
- Caroline Cotter, Program Administrator, 416-969-7455, toll free 1-800-387-0058 extension 7455, email@example.com.
- Anne Gardé Gravestock, Program Administrator, 416-969-7461, toll free in Ontario 1-800-387-0058 extension 7461, firstname.lastname@example.org.
For Results Announcements for this program, please click here.