Program for: Individuals
Purpose: The Visual Artists grant program assists artists to create and develop new work and to continue work in progress.
Eligibility: This program is open to Ontario-based professional visual artists.
Established Artists - $15,000: May 3, 2016 deadline
- This category is for established artists and includes artists with an extensive body of work and with a history of national and international exhibitions and/or those who have achieved a wide degree of recognition. You must have at least 15 years of professional practice in order to apply to this category.
- If you have received a grant in this category you are no longer eligible to apply to the Mid-Career or Emerging Artists category.
Mid-Career Artists - $7,500: September 15, 2016 deadline
- This category is for artists in mid-career and includes artists past the early stages of their professional career who have produced a reasonable body of work and may have a fair degree of public exposure. You must have at least 8 years of professional practice to apply to this category.
- If you receive a grant in this category you are no longer eligible to apply to the Emerging Artists category.
Emerging Artists - $5,000: November 22, 2016 deadline
- This category is for emerging artists and is reserved for artists in the early years of their professional careers who may have a small exhibition record. You must have at least 3 years of professional practice to apply to this category.
Applicants may apply to only one category per year and should choose the category that is most appropriate to their artistic practice.
Guidelines and Application Form
NOTE: The 2016 Visual Artists: Emerging program guidelines and application will be available two months ahead of the deadline on September 22. Applications will not be accepted prior to September 22, and must be completed in the form made available on this date.
- Program Guidelines (print version)
- Mid-Career Application (form-fillable Word)
Click here for a video with information on how to prepare effective support material for visual arts and craft grant applications. You may also be interested in other helpful tips.
For more information
- Caroline Cotter, Program Administrator, 416-969-7455, toll free 1-800-387-0058 extension 7455, email@example.com.
- Anne Gardé Gravestock, Program Administrator, 416-969-7461, toll free in Ontario 1-800-387-0058 extension 7461, firstname.lastname@example.org.
For Results Announcements for this program, please click here.