Program for: Organizations
Purpose: To provide operating support to Ontario-based, Canadian-owned magazines to assist them to publish literature and arts and cultural commentary.
Eligibility: To be eligible for this program, magazines must:
- be an Ontario magazine publisher
- be a Canadian magazine publisher with the head office in Ontario
- be led by professional personnel
- have completed at least two years of sustained, regular, ongoing programming in its community as of the application date (for magazines, publication is considered programming)
- have a range of revenue sources such as private and government
be governed by a board of directors or an advisory body solely responsible for the magazine
(N.B. This requirement does not apply to sole proprietorships and private companies.)
- have community support and involvement demonstrated through one or more of the following: membership, fundraising and volunteer involvement
- have proof of sound financial management
- submit verification of financial results of the last completed fiscal year with its application. The type of financial statement we require depends on the amount of your grant request and the size of your annual budget, as follows:
- requests over $30,000: audited financial statement
- requests $10,001-$30,000: review engagement (or, if available, audited financial statements)
- requests $10,000 and under, for organizations with revenues $100,000 or over: review engagement (or, if available, audited financial statement)
requests $10,000 and under, for organizations with revenues under $100,000: unaudited financial statement (or, if available, review engagement or audited financial statement). Unaudited financial statements must be prepared using the format of the CADAC accounting template, which is to be found at www.thecadac.ca/cms/en/guides.html, along with a guide to its use.
If you do not provide the type of financial statement required, we will reduce your grant request to an eligible level.
2017 Deadline: TBA
Grant notification will be available four months after the application deadline.
Program Guidelines and Application Form
NOTE: The following guidelines and application are for information only. Before making an application, please contact OAC (see below).
For all applicants:
Click here to read detailed qualifiers of the criteria that assessors will use while reading your application.
For more information
- Jack Illingworth, Literature Officer, 416-969-7438, toll free 1-800-387-0058 extension 7438, email@example.com.
- Helen Floros, Program Administrator, 416-969-7440, toll free 1-800-387-0058 extension 7440, firstname.lastname@example.org.
For Results Announcements for this program, please click here.