Program for: Individuals
Purpose: To support the creation of contemporary classical works by Ontario-based composers and/or librettists. Grants are given to individual composers and/or librettists who have been commissioned by an individual or organization to produce new work.
Eligibility: Applications must be submitted jointly by the commissioner and the composer. This program is open to:
- Commissioners, including musical performing ensembles, organizations or performing artists wishing to commission and premiere a new work by an Ontario composer;
- Composers and/or librettists who are professional artists and residents of Ontario, collaborating with an eligible commissioner in order to request support for the creation of a new work.
Deadline Date: October 4, 2016
Grant notification letters will be mailed out four months after the application deadline.
Program Guidelines and Application Form
The following guidelines and application are for information only. Before making an application, please ensure you have the 2016 guidelines and application. Guidelines and application forms are available on the web at least three months before the deadline.
- Program Guidelines (print version)
Click here for helpful tips, including information about submitting audio-visual support material.
- Application (print version)
The following final report form is to be used by grant recipients in this program.
For more information
- Jenny Knox, Program Administrator, 416-969-7430, toll-free 1-800-387-0058 extension 7430, firstname.lastname@example.org.
For Results Announcements for this program, please click here.