|Program for: Organizations
Purpose: To provide operating support to not-for-profit, professional arts organizations in Ontario to assist them to produce and present dance and dance services to the public in order to sustain a healthy dance community.
The Dance Organizations program supports dance organizations working in all world cultures and dance genres that reflect traditional, classical, and contemporary cultural and artistic expressions. It supports:
- dance companies;
- dance presenters;
- dance organizations that provide administrative services, professional development programs or dance archiving and publishing programs; and
- dance training organizations that train Ontarians for professional national/ international dance careers.
Eligibility:To be eligible for this program, dance organizations must:
be a federal not-for-profit corporation with the head office in Ontario
be led by professional personnel
have completed at least two years of sustained, regular, ongoing programming in its community as of the application date (an organization that does not meet this requirement may instead apply for project funding)
have a range of revenue sources such as private and government
be governed by a board of directors or an advisory body solely responsible for the organization;
have community support and involvement demonstrated through one or more of the following: membership, fundraising and volunteer involvement
have proof of sound financial management
submit verification of financial results of the last completed fiscal year with their applications. The type of financial statement we require depends on the amount of your grant request and the size of your annual budget, as follows:
If you do not provide the type of financial statement required, we will reduce your grant request to an eligible level.
In addition to the above, in order to apply to the Dance Organizations program you must:
- have produced an annual season or have operated on a continuous basis for at least three years;
- have an appropriate administrative infrastructure, according to the scope and scale of the organization’s mandate;
- engage Ontario-resident dance artists.
NOTE: Potential new applicants must contact the officer well in advance of the deadline to discuss eligibility and to request an application package.
2017 Deadline: TBA
Grant notification will be available four months after the application deadline.
Program Guidelines and Application Form
NOTE: The following guidelines and application are for information only. Before making an application, please contact OAC (see below).
For operating applicants:
Click here to read detailed qualifiers of the criteria that assessors will use while reading your application.
Visit the Ontario Dances Artist Portal, an access point for Ontario's professional dance artists to share information directly with nine multidisciplinary Ontario-based presenters funded through OAC’s Ontario Dances program.
For more information
- Myles Warren, Dance Officer, 416-969-7422, toll free 1-800-387-0058 extension 7422, firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Rohana Buzamlak, Interim Program Administrator, 416-969-7416, toll free 1-800-387-0058 extension 7416, email@example.com.
For Results Announcements for this program, please click here.