Program for: Individuals
Purpose: The program provides Ontario artists with financial support to pursue professional development opportunities outside the province. The program aims to:
- provide support at a time in an artist’s career when artistic growth and renewal will have an impact
- provide freedom to experiment, be exposed to new influences, take risks and grow personally and professionally without the pressure of producing
- provide access to new cultural surroundings and, in turn, a broader perspective
- encourage networking and relationship-building to promote an exchange of artistic views across national and international boundaries.
Eligibility: Please refer to the Program Guidelines for the OAC’s residency requirements and definitions of professional artists and organizations.
In addition, in order to apply to the National and International Residency program you must be:
- an individual working in any of the disciplines supported at OAC;
- have creative and administrative control and responsibility for the direction of your project;
- have had an active professional artistic practice for at least 3 years.
Note: The Ontario-Québec Artist Residencies program no longer exists as a separate program. Applications for residencies in Quebec should be made to the National and International Residency program.
2017 Deadline: TBA
Grant notification will be available four months after the application deadline.
Program Guidelines and Application Form
NOTE: The following guidelines and application are for information only. Applications will be available two months ahead of each deadline and must be completed in the form made available at that time.
For more information
- Lizzy Braoudakis, Program Administrator, 416-969-7412, toll free 1-800-387-0058 extension 7412, firstname.lastname@example.org.
For Results Announcements for this program, please click here.