Program for: Individuals
Purpose: The program provides Ontario artists with financial support to pursue professional development opportunities outside the province. The program aims to:
- provide support at a time in an artist’s career when artistic growth and renewal will have an impact
- provide freedom to experiment, be exposed to new influences, take risks and grow personally and professionally without the pressure of producing
- provide access to new cultural surroundings and, in turn, a broader perspective
- encourage networking and relationship-building to promote an exchange of artistic views across national and international boundaries.
Eligibility: Please refer to the Program Guidelines for the OAC’s residency requirements and definitions of professional artists and organizations.
In addition, in order to apply to the National and International Residency program you must be:
- an individual working in any of the disciplines supported at OAC;
- have creative and administrative control and responsibility for the direction of your project;
- have had an active professional artistic practice for at least 3 years.
Note: The Ontario-Québec Artist Residencies program no longer exists as a separate program. Applications for residencies in Quebec should be made to the National and International Residency program.
Deadline Dates: April 1 and October 4, 2016
Grant notification letters will be mailed out three months after the application deadline.
Guidelines and Application Form
For more information
- Lizzy Braoudakis, Program Administrator, 416-969-7412, toll free 1-800-387-0058 extension 7412, firstname.lastname@example.org.
For Results Announcements for this program, please click here.