Program for: All
Purpose: The Ontario Touring program supports professional artists and arts organizations to tour live arts performances, exhibitions and arts events that contribute to the development of appreciative and knowledgeable audiences for the arts in Ontario. The program gives Ontario, audiences ongoing access to professional Ontario artists and their works.
Eligibility: Please refer to the Program Guidelines for the OAC’s residency requirements and definitions of professional artists and organizations.
In addition, in order to apply to Ontario Touring, you must:
- have a minimum of three engagements except for a tour initiative to a significant public arts festival or arts event. Projects of less than three engagements require a stronger rationale;
- have guaranteed fees from presenters/exhibitors and a signed letter of agreement or at least two signed letters of intent. Self-presentations and tours with partial or no guaranteed fees require a stronger rationale;
- start your project after June 15 if you are applying to the February 17 deadline, or start after December 15, if you are applying to the September 15 deadline.
To be eligible for audience and market development travel, the activity must:
- include a minimum of 3 letters of intent from potential presenters/exhibitors that include:
- confirmation that the presenter/exhibitor has seen the work
- a time-frame inside of which the presenter/exhibitor might present/exhibit the work
- a commitment to paying a professional fee;
- include a pre-tour itinerary
- start after June 15 if you are applying to the February 17 deadline, or start after December 15, if you are applying to the September 15 deadline.
Deadline Dates: February 17* and September 15, 2016
*Francophone applicants applying in French can have until March 15 to submit their Touring program applications.
Grant notification letters will be mailed out four months after the application deadline.
Guidelines and Application Form
Note: Please note that Ontario Touring and National and International Touring share the same guidelines and application form.
For more information
- Lizzy Braoudakis, Program Administrator, 416-969-7412, toll free 1-800-387-0058 extension 7412, firstname.lastname@example.org.
For Results Announcements for this program, please click here.