The Dance Office supports traditional, classical and contemporary dance styles from around the world: from hip hop to bharatanatyam; from Korean court dances to Kathak; from modern to Aboriginal dance.
OAC provides funding to dance choreographers, dance companies, dance presenters and ad hoc groups to create, produce and present work. Dance programs also support professional training organizations and dance community initiatives across the province.
In fulfilling its mandate, the OAC serves one of the most diverse cultural, racial, linguistic and Aboriginal populations in Canada. Through its programs and services, the OAC supports artists, organizations and communities across Ontario, and welcomes all forms of artistic expression and practice.
- Dance Initiatives offers grants for research and development, production and presentation of professional dance, as well as funding for dance series and festivals and community initiatives across the province.
- Dance Organizations provides operating funding to not-for-profit professional dance organizations, including dance companies, dance presenters and dance training schools that have presented at least two years of regular programming.
- Aboriginal and Culturally Diverse Dance Training offers grants to dance schools and professional dance companies whose mandate is to foster Aboriginal and culturally diverse expressions in dance for training dance students and professional dance artists.
- Ontario Dances supports performing arts presenters outside of the city of Toronto to engage their audiences to dance made by Ontario dance companies.
- Visit the Ontario Dances Artist Portal, an access point for Ontario's professional dance artists to share information directly with nine multidisciplinary Ontario-based presenters funded through OAC’s Ontario Dances program.
- Check out an interactive, searchable map of dance in Canada that represents more than 900 dance-related organizations in genres including Asian, African, Aboriginal, European, Latin, classical, folk, contemporary and urban. For information about the Canada Dance Mapping Study, click here.
For more information
- Myles Warren, Dance Officer, 416-969-7422, toll free in Ontario 1-800-387-0058 extension 7422, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Virginie Lesperance, Dance Program Assistant, 416-969-7416, toll free in Ontario 1-800-387-0058 extension 7416, email@example.com
You are not limited to the programs listed above.
Other Programs Available to You