For many Ontario artists and arts organizations — individual singers, dance organizations, bands, orchestras, theatre companies, writers, visual artists and others — touring is an important way to find new audiences and to show audiences across the province, the country and abroad a wide range of work.
OAC’s touring programs help artists and organizations reach and develop new audiences and markets. The programs also foster collaborations between touring artists and local artists, organizations and communities.
In fulfilling its mandate, the OAC serves one of the most diverse cultural, racial, linguistic and Aboriginal populations in Canada. Through its programs and services, the OAC supports artists, organizations and communities across Ontario, and welcomes all forms of artistic expression and practice.
- Ontario Touring program funds professional artists and arts organizations who want to take live arts performances, traveling exhibitions and other events to communities across Ontario. The touring program includes school tours and participation in festivals.
- The National and International Touring program funds professional artists and arts organizations who take live arts performances, travelling exhibitions and other events across Canada and around the world. The program includes paid public performances (including participation in festivals), and may include some school presentations (however, tours that are exclusively school engagements are not eligible).
- Ontario Arts Presenters supports collectives and organizations that present professional performing arts series, festivals, exhibitions and other events. Presenters are responsible for contracting the artists, providing the venue, and supplying technical and promotional support, and they must pay a guaranteed fee for each presentation/exhibition.
For More Information
- Noora Sagarwala, Touring and Audience Development Officer, 416-646-7466, toll free in Ontario 1-800-387-0058 extension 7466, email@example.com.
- Lizzy Braoudakis, Program Assistant, 416-969-7412, toll free in Ontario 1-800-387-0058 extension 7412, firstname.lastname@example.org
You are not limited to these programs.
Other Programs Available to You