Program for: Organizations
Purpose: To provide operating support to not-for-profit, professional public art galleries in Ontario to assist them to produce and present art and arts services to the public and to sustain a healthy arts community.
Eligibility: To be eligible for this program, public art galleries must:
- be an Ontario not-for-profit corporation;
- be a federal not-for-profit corporation with the head office in Ontario;
- be led by professional personnel;
- have completed at least two years of sustained, regular, ongoing programming in its community as of the application date (an organization that does not meet this requirement may instead apply for project funding);
- have a range of revenue sources such as private and government;
be governed by a board of directors or an advisory body solely responsible for the organization;
- have community support and involvement demonstrated through one or more of the following: membership, fundraising and volunteer involvement;
- have proof of sound financial management;
- submit verification of financial results of the last completed fiscal year with their application. The type of financial statement we require depends on the amount of your grant request and the size of your annual budget, as follows:
- over $30,000, for all revenue levels: audited financial statement
- $10,000 and under, for organizations with revenues under $100,000: unaudited financial statement (or, if available, review engagement or audited financial statement). Unaudited financial statements must be prepared using the format of the CADAC accounting template, which is to be found at www.thecadac.ca/cms/en/guides.html, along with a guide to its use.
- all other requests and revenue levels: review engagement (or, if available, audited financial statement).
If you do not provide the type of financial statement required, we will reduce your grant request to an eligible level.
Please see Public Art Galleries Operating Program Guidelines for additional eligibility requirements for operating applicants.
NOTE: Potential new applicants must contact the officer well in advance of the deadline to discuss eligibility and to request an application package.
2017 Deadline: TBA
Grant notification will be available four months after the application deadline.
Program Guidelines and Application Form
NOTE: The following guidelines and application are for information only. Before making an application, please contact OAC (see below).
For all applicants:
Click here to read detailed qualifiers of the criteria that assessors will use while reading your application.
For more information
- Zhe Gu, Visual Arts Officer, 416-969-7459, toll free 1-800-387-0058 extension 7459, email@example.com.
- Caroline Cotter, Program Administrator, 416-969-7455, toll free 1-800-387-0058 extension 7455, firstname.lastname@example.org.
For Results Announcements for this program, please click here.