Outreach and Development
The Ontario Arts Council’s Outreach and Development unit was created to ensure equal access to our programs, resources and services. We have offices in Toronto, Thunder Bay and Sudbury.
Through programs and partnerships, we’ve increased support to local, regional and rural artists and arts activities, and we’ll continue to build connections between the arts and other sectors, such as education, social services, tourism, business and health.
We’ve taken a number of steps to simplify access to our programs and services, and launched some pilot strategies to ease the application process. Here are some examples:
- We are creating resources and tools, plus printed materials, to make applications easier.
- Through the Aboriginal Artists in Schools program, elders will be able to provide an oral application.
- We have increased the number of third-party recommenders in the Exhibition Assistance program.
The Ontario Arts Council is committed to doing more over time. Please visit our website to see what tools and resources we’ve uploaded to the site, what we’re doing to improve outreach, and find out about upcoming Information Sessions and Grant Writing Workshops.
- Not sure where to begin? Call Janice Lambrakos, our Information Services Coordinator, who will refer you to the right program at 416-969-7429, toll free 1-800-387-0058 extension 7429, firstname.lastname@example.org
- For general inquiries, contact Bushra Junaid, our Outreach and Development Manager, at 416-969-7407, toll free 1-800-387-0058 extension 7407, email@example.com
- If you’re in Northern Ontario, locate your area on OAC's maps of Ontario regions.
- If you're in Northwestern Ontario, contact Marilyn McIntosh at 807-622-4279, toll free 1-866-391-2221, firstname.lastname@example.org