|Program for: Individuals
Purpose: To assist professional writers in Northern Ontario to complete book-length works of literary merit.
This special deadline hopes to increase applications and success rates of writers from Northern Ontario. These writers face particular challenges such as:
Eligibility: Professional writers from the Northeast, Northwest and Far North regions of Ontario may apply for support for the continuation of new work in poetry or prose, including graphic novels. Only professional writers are eligible to apply. Please see the Northern Competition Guidelines below for program specific information, including the Literature Office’s definition of “professional” writers.
- higher costs for training and travel;
- limited access to non-governmental sources of revenue and fewer opportunities for professional development; and
- networking with a community of writers, agents and publishers.
See OAC's maps of geographic regions to locate your area on our maps.
New Deadline Date: December 1, 2016
Grant notification letters will be mailed out four months after the application deadline.
PLEASE NOTE: Applications for this deadline must be mailed to the OAC’s Toronto Office, postmarked on or before the deadline date. Late applications will not be accepted.
Program Guidelines and Application Form
The following guidelines and application are for information only. Before making an application, please ensure you have the 2016 guidelines and application. Guidelines and application forms are available on the web at least three months before the deadline.
Final Report Form
For more information
- Marilyn McIntosh, Northwestern Consultant, toll free 1-866-391-2221, email@example.com.
- Helen Floros, Program Administrator, 416-969-7440, toll free 1-800-387-0058 extension 7440, firstname.lastname@example.org.
For Results Announcements for this program, please click here.