|Program for: All
Purpose: The program provides grants up to $30,000 to assist independent culturally diverse curators or public art galleries, artist-run centres and other presenting organizations, working with culturally diverse curators, to undertake a visual, media arts or craft exhibition project that presents and documents the work of professional artists.
Eligibility: The program is open to applications from:
- Practicing culturally diverse curators. Culturally diverse refers to persons of colour based on the Government of Canada’s definition of “visible minorities,” which is “persons, other than Aboriginal peoples, who are non-Caucasian in race or non-white in colour.”
- Public art galleries, artist-run centres, festivals and other presenters planning to work with an independent culturally diverse curator. (The curator cannot be a staff or board member at the presenting venue.)
The Culturally Diverse Curatorial Projects program will fund visual, media art and craft exhibitions (and related publications) curated by culturally diverse curators, and taking place in an Ontario venue. As part of proposed projects, the program will support opportunities for curators to work with mentors to further develop capacities (including research, writing, design, administration, documentation) relating to curatorial practice.
Deadline Date: October 4, 2016
Grant notification letters will be mailed out four months after the application deadline.
Program Guidelines and Application
The following guidelines and application are for information only. Before making an application, please ensure you have the 2016 guidelines and application. Guidelines and application forms are available on the web at least three months before the deadline.
- Program Guidelines (print version)
Click here for helpful tips, including information about submitting audio-visual support material.
- Application (print version)
For more information
- Caroline Cotter, Program Administrator, 416-969-7455, toll free 1-800-387-0058 extension 7455, email@example.com.
- Anne Gardé Gravestock, Program Administrator, 416-969-7461, toll free 1-800-387-0058 extension 7461, firstname.lastname@example.org.
For Results Announcements for this program, please click here.