Logo and Acknowledgement
Logo and acknowledgement
Effective June 2014, all Ontario Arts Council (OAC) grant recipients are required to use the revised logo – including the bilingual tagline.
Grant recipients are required to display the OAC logo:
- in all advertising and promotional materials (e.g. posters, bulletins, flyers, print ads);
- in books, periodicals and other literature published with OAC support;
- on CDs, DVDs and other artistic material produced with OAC support;
- in music, film and video credits;
- on websites for organizations that receive OAC operating funding.
Download the OAC logo
Several versions are included below. Scroll down to the bottom of this page, then click on the name of the file of your choice. You may also right-click over the desired file url and select "Save link as...” or “Save target as..." to download the logo.
General Logo Guidelines
OAC’s visual identity consists of three elements that must always appear together – the bilingual logo type, tagline and graphic symbol. Recipients of OAC funding are required to use the OAC logo at a size that is legible, and relative to the context in which it is being used. On a large poster, for example, the logo should be larger than the minimum size listed below, and should be proportionate with logos of other contributors of equal value, e.g. corporate sponsors. For more details, download the OAC logo style guide.
Colours and Resolution
- When placing the OAC logo in materials, do not change its dimensions or proportions. If you use the colour version, please do not modify or substitute the colours.
- It is preferable to display the logo in full color or black on a white background or white on a black background.
- 300 dpi – The minimum resolution for printed materials
- 72 dpi – The minimum resolution for websites, e-newsletters and other web materials.
- The logo should not be screened or be used as a background element or a watermark. OAC
Logo Sizing for Print
- In all cases, the logo must appear at least 0.5 inches from the edge of the page.
- The logo must not be printed or otherwise reproduced at less than 1 1/4 inches or 3 cm wide.
- There are a few, very limited exceptions to this requirement, such as postcards, CDs and DVDs, which are physically too small to include the logo at 3 cm wide. In these instances only, the following sentence may be used instead of the logo: We would like to acknowledge funding support from the Ontario Arts Council, an agency of the Government of Ontario.
Additional Ways to Recognize OAC Funding:
- Notify the media and other stakeholders of your grant—and the support and benefits it provides to your organization or project—via a news release. Remember to acknowledge and thank OAC.
- Publish an acknowledgment message on your social media profile. Be sure to share your post with OAC on Twitter or on Facebook, or your Member of Provincial Parliament (MPP). Be sure to tag OAC in this post, and consider tagging your Member of Provincial Parliament as well. Instructions for identifying your MPP are listed below.
- Encourage the media to promote the benefits of the arts, especially publicly-supported arts, to your community.
- Inform your OAC Officer of key events and presentations. When appropriate, OAC staff or board members may be able to provide remarks.
- Invite your MPP to attend your events and presentations, or consider offering your MPP the opportunity to present remarks at the event. You can determine who your MPP is by using this website to identify your riding, and then this website to match the riding with your MPP. If there is an OAC board member based in your community (see here for the list of board members), please add him or her to your list of stakeholders to notify of your event.
- Recognize OAC support (and that of other public arts funders), in the same way that you recognize private partners, in all speeches, public presentations, pre-performance speeches, etc.
- Share event photos with your MPP and OAC. Be sure to include photographers’ and artists’ credits. Images can be emailed to OAC’s Communications department.
- If your work is nominated for or receives an award, acknowledge how the support from OAC has assisted the development of your work.
If you have any questions about this policy or if you have technical problems downloading the logos, please contact OAC Communications:
416-961-1600 / 1-800-387-0058 ext. 6297 / email@example.com
OAC Logo Files