Logo and Acknowledgement
Logo and acknowledgement
April 2013 will mark the beginning of OAC’s 50th anniversary year. OAC has updated its logo to celebrate this milestone, and added a new tag line that reads: 50 Years of Ontario Government Support of the Arts. Please note that use of this tag line is required by the Government of Ontario, and its use to recognize OAC-funded activities, is no longer optional.
All OAC grant recipients are required to begin using the 50th anniversary logo, including the tag line, in January 2013, and continue through to the end of May 2014.
As OAC prepares to celebrate its 50th anniversary, and in the context of many competing demands for government expenditures, it is more crucial than ever that OAC-funded artists and arts organizations use the logo as visibly as possible on all promotional and program materials, in order to demonstrate the importance of public support for the arts.
Recipients of OAC funding are required to use the OAC logo at a size that is legible and proportionate to the size of the particular use. On a large poster, for example, the logo should be larger than the minimum size listed below, and should be commensurate with logos of other contributors of equal value, e.g. corporate sponsors.
This requirement includes, but is not limited to:
- in all advertising and promotional materials (e.g. posters, bulletins, flyers, print ads);
- in books, periodicals and other literature published with OAC support;
- on CDs, DVDs and other artistic material produced with OAC support;
- in music, film and video credits;
- on websites for organizations that receive OAC operating funding.
Several downloadable versions are included below. The JPEG files can be used for print and web applications. The EPS files contain four vector graphic versions of the logo in Pantone colour, process colour, black and white and greyscale. Please let us know if you have any questions about using these files.
When placing the OAC logo in materials, do not change the dimensions or proportions of the logo. You are free to use colour, black and white or grayscale versions of the logo, but if you use the colour version, please do not alter the colours.
All text, including the tag line, must be legible, so the logo must not be printed or otherwise reproduced at less than 5 cm (1.9 inches) wide. There are a few, very limited exceptions to this requirement, such as postcards, CDs and DVDs, which are physically too small to include the logo at 5cm. In these instances only, the following sentence may be used instead of the logo:
We would like to acknowledge funding support from the Ontario Arts Council, an agency of the Government of Ontario.
Additional Ways to Recognize OAC Funding:
- Notify the media and other stakeholders of your grant—and the support and benefits it provides to your organization or project—via a news release. Remember to acknowledge and thank the OAC.
- Connect with OAC on Twitter at http://twitter.com/oac_cao and on Facebook at www.facebook.com/OAC.CAO and consider tweeting or posting to acknowledge your OAC grant towards your work.
- Encourage the media to promote the benefits of the arts, especially publicly-supported arts, to your community.
- Inform your OAC Officer of key events and presentations. When appropriate, OAC staff or board members may be able to provide remarks.
- Invite your Member of Provincial Parliament (MPP) to attend your events and presentations. If there is an OAC board member based in your community, please add them to your list of stakeholders to notify of your event. If you do not know who your MPP is, please contact your OAC Officer and we will provide you with her/his name and contact information.
- Recognize OAC support (and that of other public arts funders), in the same way that you recognize private partners, in all speeches, public presentations, pre-performance speeches, etc.
- Share event photos with OAC Communications. Be sure to include photographers’ and artists’ credits. Email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If your work is nominated for or receives an award, acknowledge how the support from OAC has assisted the development of your work.
If you have any questions about this policy or if you have technical problems downloading the logos, please contact OAC Communications:
416-969-7462 / 1-800-387-0058 ext. 7462 / email@example.com
Download OAC Logo
Click on the name of the file to download the logo of your choice. Please right-click and select "Save link as...” or “Save target as...", because some browsers may not render some images correctly.