Program for: Organizations and Collectives
Purpose: To provide project grants to not-for-profit music and theatre organizations and artist collectives in Ontario to assist them to develop and produce professional opera for the public, provide arts services and to sustain a healthy arts community.
The Opera Projects program assists Ontario-based organizations, collectives or teams of artists that produce, or are developing, professional opera that employs and gives exposure to Canadian artists and/or repertoire. Project funding is not committed from year to year.
Eligibility: To apply to Opera Projects an applicant must be either an:
- Incorporated not-for-profit organization located in Ontario
- Ad hoc group, collective or unincorporated organization, submitting a not-for-profit project. Most of the group members must be professional artists or arts professionals, with at least 50% of the members located in Ontario.
If your organization receives OAC operating funding, please check your operating guidelines to see if you qualify for project funding. For additional information on specific eligibility criteria for Opera Projects, please review the program guidelines.
Deadlines: February 1, 2017
Grant notification letters will be mailed out four months after the application deadline.
Program Guidelines and Application
The following guidelines and application are for information only. Before making an application, please ensure you have the 2017 guidelines and application. Guidelines and application forms are available on the web at least three months before the deadline.
- Program Guidelines (print version)
Click here for helpful tips, including information about submitting audio-visual support material.
- Application (print version)
For more information
- Jenny Knox, Program Administrator, 416-969-7430, toll-free 1-800-387-0058 extension 7430, email@example.com.
For Results Announcements for this program, please click here.