Program for: Organizations
Purpose: To provide operating support to not-for-profit organizations dedicated to services for artists and arts organizations in Ontario to assist them to sustain a healthy arts community.
Operating grants commit funding to the operating expenses of arts service organizations that meet the assessment criteria for ongoing support.
Eligibility: To be eligible for this program, arts service organizations must:
be an Ontario not-for-profit corporation;
be a federal not-for-profit corporation with the head office in Ontario;
be led by professional personnel;
have completed at least two years of sustained, regular, ongoing programming in its community as of the application date (an organization that does not meet this requirement may instead apply for project funding);
have a range of revenue sources such as private and government;
be governed by a board of directors or an advisory body solely responsible for the organization;
have community support and involvement demonstrated through one or more of the following: membership, fundraising and volunteer involvement;
have proof of sound financial management;
submit verification of financial results of the last completed fiscal year with their applications. The type of financial statement we require depends on the amount of your grant request and the size of your annual budget, as follows:
requests over $30,000, for all revenue levels: audited financial statement
requests $10,000 and under, for organizations with revenues under $100,000: unaudited financial statement (or, if available, review engagement or audited financial statement). Unaudited financial statements must be prepared using the format of the CADAC accounting template, which is to be found at www.thecadac.ca/cms/en/guides.html
, along with a guide to its use.
all other requests and revenue levels: review engagement (or, if available, audited financial statement)
If you do not provide the type of financial statement required, we will reduce your grant request to an eligible level.
In addition to the above, in order to apply to the Arts Service Organizations program:
- you must have a primary mandate to provide services to artists and/or arts organizations;
- you must have a majority of the Ontario artists and arts organizations you serve eligible for funding in OAC’s disciplinary and multidisciplinary granting programs;
- you must provide a range of services;
- your services must reach artists and/or organizations in more than one OAC region or be focused on one or more OAC Priority groups other than the regional priority group;
- you must have a head office incorporated/registered in Ontario;
- you must show a range of earned, public and private revenue sources;
- you must provide financial statements applicable to the revenues and expenses of the organization; or, if a multi-purpose organization is involved, your organization must provide a fully segregated and itemized authorized financial statement accompanied by the financial statement of the multi-purpose organization in which your organization’s operations are specifically identified.
If your organization is within a multi-purpose institution, you must clearly demonstrate your independence by being able to fulfil all the above OAC eligibility requirements separately and distinctly from the multi-purpose institution.
Community Arts Councils are not eligible to participate in this program. Please contact the Community Arts Councils program officer for more information.
NOTE: Potential new applicants must contact the officer well in advance of the deadline to discuss eligibility and to request an application package.
Deadline Date: February 1, 2017
Grant notification letters will be mailed out four months after the application deadline.
Program Guidelines and Application Form
The following guidelines are for information only. Before making an application, please ensure you have the 2017 guidelines and application, which can be obtained by contacting the OAC (see below). Guidelines and application forms are available on the web at least three months before the deadline.
For all applicants:
Click here to read detailed qualifiers of the criteria that assessors will use while reading your application.
For more information
- Maura Broadhurst, Cross-Sectoral Associate Officer, 416-646-7467, toll-free 1-800-387-0058 extension 7467, email@example.com.
- Nina Charest, Program Administrator, 416-969-7417, toll free 1-800-387-0058 extension 7417, firstname.lastname@example.org.
For Results Announcements for this program, please click here.