Program for: Individuals
Objective: Chalmers Arts Fellowships support artists in Ontario to examine, investigate, explore and/or experiment with style, technique, process, method, content, or an issue or concern in their arts practice. The program allows artists to dedicate themselves to their arts practice, impacting their career beyond a single project.
All proposals must start on or after January 1, 2018 and end no later than December 31, 2019.
The program supports artists whose work reflects Ontario’s linguistic and cultural diversity, or Aboriginal and Franco-Ontarian identities artists at any stage of their career development, emerging to established artists, and in all customary and/or contemporary arts disciplines.
Eligibility: This program is open to professional Ontario-based artists. Please refer to the Program Guidelines for the OAC’s residency requirements.
In addition, in order to apply to the Chalmers Arts Fellowships program you must:
- work in one of the disciplines supported at OAC: arts education, community arts, crafts, dance, literature, media arts, multidisciplinary arts, music, theatre, visual arts.
You may submit only one application to either the Chalmers Arts Fellowships or the Chalmers Professional Development Grants program not both on the programs’ June deadline.
How much can I apply for?
- Artists practicing professionally for 10 years OR less: No less than $10,000, but no more than $25,000.
- Artists practicing professionally for 11 years OR more: No less than $10,000, but no more than $50,000.
2017 Deadline: TBA
Grant notification will be available four months after the application deadline.
Program Guidelines and Application Form
NOTE: The following guidelines and application are for information only. Applications will be available two months ahead of each deadline and must be completed in the form made available at that time.
For more information
- Myles Warren, Awards Officer, 416-969-7422, toll free 1-800-387-0058 extension 7422, firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Rohana Buzamlak, Interim Program Administrator, 416-969-7416, toll free 1-800-387-0058 extension 7416, email@example.com.
For Results Announcements for this program, please click here.