The Ontario Arts Council (OAC) looks for photos that reflect the breadth of OAC-funded activities. Showcasing arts activities on OAC’s various communications platforms helps the public and our elected representatives see the extraordinary work of Ontario artists and arts organizations.
Where will the photos be used?
Your photos may be used in a variety of ways by OAC, including:
- on OAC’s website
- on our social media platforms
- in various print or online publications
- in presentations
What kinds of photos should you submit?
The OAC likes to showcase various aspects of creation – not simply the finished product!
Examples of photos we’re looking for:
- performances and exhibitions
- rehearsals and workshops
- education activities
- festival events and screenings
- captures of video, film or multimedia projects
- book or magazine covers
- crowd/audience shots
Photos should be high-resolution (300 ppi), print quality and are preferred in JPEG format.
We do not use photos that clearly identify individuals under the age of 18.
What should you include with your submission?
Photo Release Form
The OAC is required to obtain legal permission to use your photo(s). Please download and complete this photo release form
and submit it with your photo(s).
For each photo please include the following information
in a Word or PDF document:
- Your name and contact information
- The approximate date the photo was taken
- The name of the project pictured (if applicable)
- The OAC program that funded the activity pictured
- The name of the photographer
- The name(s) of the artist(s) whose work is represented
- The name(s) of the individual(s) in the photo (if applicable)
- The name of any artwork pictured (if applicable)
- Any other contextual details important to interpreting the photo (e.g. location)
To embed your photo files with your authoring information using Photoshop, go to File > File Info.
How can you submit your photos?
Go to www.wetransfer.com
, add your photo(s)
and completed photo release form
along with any supporting photo information
. Please direct the transfer to send to email@example.com
when you are ready to submit.
Questions or concerns?
Ashleigh Hodgins, Communications Coordinator
416-961-1660 ext. 7462 | 1-800-387-0058 ext. 7462 (toll-free in Ontario)