Multi-Year 1 application and Annual operating application
Applications include questions related to the program assessment criteria.
These are the questions for a Multi-Year 1 and Annual operating application. Publishing organizations will see slightly different questions that do not make reference to
Canadian Arts Database/Données sur les arts au Canada (CADAC).
Mission and Vision
- What are your organization’s mission and vision? [maximum 225 words]
- Tell us about your organization, for example: the year you were founded, what you’re doing now, the communities you serve, important milestones in your development and how they have had an impact on your current programming. [maximum 250 words]
- Tell us about how your artistic and/or administrative leader(s)’ experience, background and achievements are helping to guide your organization. [maximum 250 words]
- Do you own or have a long-term lease on the building/facilities you use?
If your answer is yes, the following questions will be made visible on the online application.
- Describe the building/facilities including the type, size, venue capacity, if the building/facilities are accessible for Deaf people and people with disabilities, or if you have plans to enhance accessibility for Deaf people and people with disabilities. [maximum 150 words]
- Describe the role your facility plays in your community. [maximum 100 words]
If your answer is no, the following question will be made visible on the online application.
- Describe the facilities that you regularly use including if they are accessible for Deaf people and people with disabilities. [maximum 150 words]
Long-Term Plan Summary (3 to 5 years)
This section applies to eligible applicants requesting Multi-Year 1 requests only. Briefly list the strengths and limitations of your organization as identified in your plan. [maximum 250 words]
- List the main artistic and/or service, as well as organizational goals contained in your plan. (Details are to be provided in the Artistic and/or Service Quality and Contribution and Organizational Effectiveness sections.) [maximum 200 words]
- How will you monitor and evaluate results? [maximum 150 words]
- What are your specific measures of success? How do you know you are achieving your goals? [maximum 150 words]
- How were your board/governing body, community and staff involved in the development of your long-term plan? What years are covered by your plan? [maximum 150 words]
Artistic/Service Quality & Contribution
For the Last Completed Year and Current Year
- Tell us about your programming achievements and challenges. [maximum 550 words]
- Do you pay artists’ fees?
- If you answer yes, you will be required to provide the total fees paid as recorded through CADAC. For publishing organizations, a different question will be made available for similar information based on the Publishers Financial and Statistical Form.
- Do you adhere to an industry standard for fees paid to contract Canadian artists and artistic staff?
- If you answer yes, you will be asked to name the standard(s) or contract(s)/agreements.
- If you answer no, you will be asked how you establish fees. [maximum 100 words]
For the Request Year
The following question applies to eligible applicants requesting Multi-Year 1 requests only.
- What are your most important programming plans? How are they influenced by the successes and challenges of the current year and your last completed year? [maximum 550 words]
- Describe how your programming plans will contribute to your mission, and to OAC’s priority groups. [maximum 350 words]
- How does your engagement with your community including other arts groups, community organizations and OAC's priority groups inform your programming? [maximum 300 words]
- Aside from fees, describe how you will support Ontarian artists, including those from OAC’s priority groups. For service organizations only, tell us how you plan to advocate for the arts in Ontario and OAC’s priority groups. [maximum 300 words]
- What professional development opportunities do you provide for artistic staff and/or contracted artists? [maximum 100 words]
- What contribution does your artistic programming make to your art form and artistic field? Include contributions at a local, regional, national and/or international level and to OAC’s priority groups. [maximum 250 words]
For the Request Years 2 and 3
- Highlight your programming plans for request years 2 and 3, and how they support your long-term goals, mission and community engagement. It is not necessary to provide a detailed activity list at this time for these two years. [maximum 500 words]
For the Last Completed Year and Current Year
- What were your most significant organizational successes and challenges, e.g. finance, human resources, board governance, and marketing? [maximum 350 words]
For the Request Year
- Outline your significant organizational plans, e.g. finance, human resources, board governance, marketing and audience development. How will the successes and challenges you experienced in the last completed and current years impact these plans? [maximum 400 words]
- Describe your audience/participants, including how they represent your community and OAC’s priority groups. [maximum 200 words]
- Describe any arts education and participatory activities you will offer for learners of any age and OAC’s priority groups. Also, please indicate any activities you will offer that foster and promote arts education. [maximum 250 words]
- Tell us about your relationships with partners, donors, sponsors and volunteers. How will these groups represent your community and OAC’s priority groups? [maximum 150 words]
- Describe the steps you will take to achieve your financial goals. What are your plans if you do not achieve these goals or if you surpass them? [maximum 150 words]
- Describe how your board/governing body and staff represent your community and OAC’s priority groups. [maximum 150 words]
- How will your board/governing body and its committees ensure the stability and viability of your organization? How often will they meet? How will you recruit new members? [maximum 150 words]
- Other than providing a salary, how will you support your staff (for example, benefits, education, development opportunities)? How do you attract and retain staff? [maximum 150 words]
- Does your organization’s artistic program include works by members of your staff, board members (or owners in the case of for-profit publishers) or their immediate family members (spouse or partner, parent, child, sibling, or member of the immediate household)? Do you have staff members or their immediate family members serving as board members? Describe how you manage these conflicts of interest. [maximum 200 words]
Financial Deficits and Reserve Funds
- In your last completed year, do you have a deficit of more than 10% of revenue or an unrestricted net asset deficiency of more than 25% of revenue?
- If yes, you must attach a deficit reduction plan including targets, timelines and responsibilities, and describe how you will ensure your organization remains stable and viable for the current and request years. If your application does not include a deficit reduction plan, assessment of your application will be made without the plan and will affect your results. [maximum 5 pages]
- Do have an unrestricted reserve (line 6310 of CADAC financial form of more than 25% of revenue)? If yes, you must explain its purpose. [maximum 100 words]
- Do you have any restricted reserves? If yes, you must explain its purpose. [maximum 100 words]
- Explain the purpose of any restricted reserves. [maximum 100 words]
The following question applies only to eligible applicants requesting Multi-Year 1 funding.
Request Years 2 and 3
- What are your organizational plans for request years 2 and 3 and how do they relate to your long-term goals? Provide a general outline of these plans to the degree that they are known. It is not necessary to provide a detailed activity list at this time for these two years. [maximum 500 words]
- You can provide additional information, if necessary, that has not been addressed in the application questions. [maximum 250 words]
- You are required to explain variances greater than 20% on any line of the Financial Reports from year to year (last completed year compared to current years).
- You are required to explain variances of your total attendance/participants greater than 20% between your last completed year compared to the current year).
- You must upload one document listing the members of your board/governing body/advisory committee, and their committees, including names, dates of appointment, city/town/First Nation, expertise and roles. Do not include résumés or biographies are not required. [maximum 5 pages]
- You must upload one document listing your staff (programming and administrative), indicating if they are full- or part-time, and their key roles and responsibilities. Do not include résumés or biographies. [maximum 5 pages]
- You are required to submit an activity list for your organization’s current and request year.
In some programs, you may be required to submit the following information:
- artistic examples (e.g. audio/video or digital examples) of artistic work
- website address
- CV(s)/résumé/bio, study guides, media reviews