Literary Organizations: Operating
Until this program opens in Nova, the Ontario Arts Council’s online granting system, program information may change. This includes deadline dates and specific information on eligibility. Be sure to visit this page after the program opens in Nova, but before starting your application.
The program supports the ongoing operations of not-for-profit, professional literary organizations in Ontario, except for book and magazine publishers.
The program’s priorities are to support organizations that present Canadian literature to the public, promote Canadian literature, engage literary artists in arts education activity, or assist literary artists to hone their craft, in order to sustain a healthy literary community. Written and oral literary traditions are equally valued in this program.
March 26, 2020, 1 p.m. ET
- In 2020 this program is in year two of a three-year cycle and is not accepting new applicants.
- Applications are available in Nova approximately two months before the deadline.
- Financial and statistical reports must be submitted through Canadian Arts Data / Données sur les arts au Canada (CADAC) before the deadline.
- Grant notification will be available July 2020.
- New applicants must contact the program officer to discuss eligibility.
- 2022 is the next deadline open to new applicants to this program.
- Ontario-based, not-for-profit corporations, or national not-for-profit corporations with the head office in Ontario
- Organizations must have:
- at least $75,000 in total revenues for the last fiscal year, and in projected revenues for the current and requested years (for applicants not currently receiving funding from this program)
- two years of sustained, regular, ongoing programming, as of the application date. If your organization does not meet this requirement, consider applying for project funding
- a range of revenue sources
- an active board of directors/governing body
Read the Guide to OAC Operating Programs for more eligibility information.
- organizations that primarily distribute Canadian literature
- organizations that primarily publish books and/or magazines
- non-arts organizations
- municipalities, colleges and/or universities
Complete and submit an application in Nova, OAC’s online grant application system. You will be able to do this approximately two months before the deadline.
Before applying, you must:
Your application includes:
Complete instructions and requirements are in the application in Nova.
For information on how assessors rate applications see the Evaluation Rubric - Operating Programs.