Major Organizations: Operating
Until this program opens in Nova, the Ontario Arts Council’s online granting system, program information may change. This includes deadline dates and specific information on eligibility. Be sure to visit this page after the program opens in Nova, but before starting your application.
The program supports the ongoing operations for Ontario-based, not-for-profit, professional major arts organizations.
April 2, 2020, 1 p.m. ET
- In 2020 this program is in year three of a three-year cycle and is not accepting new applicants.
- Applications are available in Nova approximately two months before the deadline.
- Financial and statistical reports must be submitted through Canadian Arts Data / Données sur les arts au Canada (CADAC) before the deadline.
- Grant notification will be available July 2020.
- New applicants must contact the program officer to discuss eligibility.
- 2021 will be the next deadline open to new applicants to this program.
- Ontario-based, not-for-profit corporations, or national not-for-profit corporations with the head office in
- Organizations must have:
- at least $15 million in total revenues for the last fiscal year, and in projected revenues for the current and
requested years (for applicants not currently receiving funding from this program)
- at least two years of sustained, regular, ongoing programming, as of the application date. If your organization
does not meet this requirement, consider applying for project funding
- a range of revenue sources
- an active board of directors/governing body
- Major organizations must:
- demonstrate national or international significance and profile, with international networks/relationships
- be major employers of artists and other arts professionals
- operate with multiple layers of staff and structures
- offer varied and multifaceted programs of depth and breadth
- serve large audience bases with multiple programming streams
Read the Guide to OAC
Operating Programs for more eligibility information.
- non-arts organizations
- municipalities, colleges and/or universities
Complete and submit an application in Nova, OAC’s online grant application system. You will be able to do this approximately two months before the deadline.
Before applying, you must:
Your application includes:
Complete instructions and requirements are in the application in Nova.
For information on how assessors rate applications see the Evaluation Rubric - Operating Programs.