Major Organizations: Operating
Until this program opens in Nova, the Ontario Arts Council’s online granting system, program information may change. This includes deadline dates and specific information on eligibility. Be sure to visit this page after the program opens in Nova, but before starting your application.
The program supports the ongoing operations for Ontario-based, not-for-profit, professional major arts organizations.
March 30, 2023, 1 p.m. ET
- In 2023 this program is in year 1 of a three-year cycle and is accepting new applicants.
- Applications are available in Nova about two months before the deadline.
- Financial and statistical reports must be submitted through Canadian Arts Data / Données sur les arts au Canada (CADAC) before the deadline.
- Grant notification will be available about five months after the deadline.
- New applicants (organizations that did not receive a grant from this program last year) must contact the program officer to discuss eligibility.
- After this year, 2026 will be the next deadline open to new applicants to this program.
- Applicants must be Ontario-based, not-for-profit corporations, or national not-for-profit corporations with a head office in Ontario.
- Organizations must have:
- at least $15 million in total revenues for the last fiscal year, and in projected revenues for the current and requested years (for applicants not currently receiving funding from this program)
- at least two years of sustained, regular, ongoing programming, as of the application date. If your organization does not meet this requirement, consider applying for project funding
- a range of revenue sources
- an active board of directors/governing body
- Major organizations must:
- demonstrate national or international significance and profile, with international networks/relationships
- be major employers of artists and other arts professionals
- operate with multiple layers of staff and structures
- offer varied and multifaceted programs of depth and breadth
- serve large audience bases with multiple programming streams
- have received a grant from one of OAC’s other operating programs at its most recent deadline, and be eligible to apply to its next deadline
- New applicants must have received a grant from one of OAC’s other operating programs at its most recent deadline, and be eligible to apply to its next deadline.
Read the Guide to OAC
Operating Programs for more eligibility information.
- non-arts organizations
- municipalities, colleges and/or universities
Complete and submit an application in Nova, OAC’s online grant application system. You will be able to do this about two months before the deadline.
Before applying, you must:
Your application includes:
Complete instructions and requirements are in the application in Nova.
For information on how assessors rate applications see the Evaluation Rubric - Operating Programs.