Multi and Inter-Arts Organizations: Operating
Until this program opens in Nova, the Ontario Arts Council’s online granting system, program information may change. This includes deadline dates and specific information on eligibility. Be sure to visit this page after the program opens in Nova, but before starting your application.
The program supports the ongoing operations of not-for-profit professional multi- and inter-arts organizations in Ontario.
March 4, 2021, 1 p.m. ET
- For 2021, the OAC has put a pause on the multi-year cycles of all operating programs. All current operating grant recipients will need to submit a streamlined application that will be reviewed by a panel of peers.
- The OAC will not be accepting new applicants to any operating programs in 2021. Once it is confirmed when this program is accepting new applicants, it will be noted here.
- Applications are available in Nova approximately two months before the deadline.
- Financial and statistical reports must be submitted through Canadian Arts Data / Données sur les arts au Canada (CADAC) before the deadline.
- Grant notification will be available approximately five months after the deadline.
- Grant notification is now available approximately five months after the deadline.
- Multi- and inter-arts organizations must have two or more art forms represented in their mandates and activities.
- Ontario-based, not-for-profit corporations, or national not-for-profit corporations with the head office in Ontario.
- Organizations must have:
- at least $75,000 in total revenues for the last fiscal year, and in projected revenues for the current and requested years (for applicants not currently receiving funding from this program)
- at least two years of sustained, regular, ongoing programming, as of the application date. If your organization does not meet this requirement, consider applying for project funding
- a range of revenue sources
- an active board of directors/governing body
Read the Guide to OAC Operating Programs for more eligibility information.
- non-arts organizations
- municipalities, colleges and/or universities
Complete and submit an application in Nova, OAC’s online grant application system. You will be able to do this approximately two months before the deadline.
Before applying, you must:
Your application includes:
Complete instructions and requirements are in the application in Nova.
For information on how assessors rate applications see the Evaluation Rubric - Operating Programs.
Multi- and inter-arts activities: practices, initiatives and events that have two or more artistic forms present in equal balance in the creation, production and presentation of work. Artistic forms may remain separate or can be combined to create new, unified forms. Multi- and inter-arts activities involve bringing art forms together in ways that make the activity unique and therefore not eligible for funding in OAC’s discipline-based programs in Theatre, Dance, Music, Literature, Visual Arts or Media Arts.