Multi and Inter-Arts Organizations: Operating
Until this program opens in Nova, the Ontario Arts Council’s online granting system, program information may change. This includes deadline dates and specific information on eligibility. Be sure to visit this page after the program opens in Nova, but before starting your application.
The program supports the ongoing operations of not-for-profit professional multi- and inter-arts organizations in Ontario.
March 1, 2022, 1 p.m. ET
- In 2022 this program is in year 1 of a three-year cycle and is accepting new applicants.
- Applications are available in Nova about two months before the deadline.
- Financial and statistical reports must be submitted through Canadian Arts Data / Données sur les arts au Canada (CADAC) before the deadline.
- Grant notification will be available about five months after the deadline.
- After this year, 2025 will be the next deadline open to new applicants to this program.
- New applicants must contact the program officer to discuss eligibility.
- After being paused last year, multi-year cycles have resumed for all operating programs. The timing of cycles for some programs has been adjusted. A program that was in year 1 in 2020 may now be in year 1 again, for example.
- OAC recognizes that 2022 will continue to be a challenging time for many arts organizations. Organizations applying for multi-year funding in year 1 will be required to submit some information about their plans and budget for year 2, but not year 3.
- Multi- and inter-arts organizations must have two or more art forms represented in their mandates and activities.
- Ontario-based, not-for-profit corporations, or national not-for-profit corporations with the head office in Ontario.
- Organizations must have:
- at least $75,000 in total revenues for the last fiscal year, and in projected revenues for the current and requested years (for applicants not currently receiving funding from this program)
- at least two years of sustained, regular, ongoing programming, as of the application date. If your organization does not meet this requirement, consider applying for project funding
- a range of revenue sources
- an active board of directors/governing body
Read the Guide to OAC Operating Programs for more eligibility information.
- non-arts organizations
- municipalities, colleges and/or universities
Complete and submit an application in Nova, OAC’s online grant application system. You will be able to do this about two months before the deadline.
Before applying, you must:
Your application includes:
Complete instructions and requirements are in the application in Nova.
For information on how assessors rate applications see the Evaluation Rubric - Operating Programs.
Activités multiarts et interarts : Pratiques, initiatives et événements où deux formes artistiques ou plus sont présentes de façon égale pour la création, la production et la diffusion d’œuvres. Les formes artistiques peuvent être distinctes ou combinées pour créer de nouvelles formes unifiées. Les activités multiarts et interarts consistent à réunir plusieurs formes artistiques de manière à rendre l’activité unique et donc non admissible au financement dans les programmes fondés sur une discipline du CAO en théâtre, en danse, en musique, en arts visuels ou en arts médiatiques.