New Ontario Arts Council grants supporting arts managers
The Ontario Arts Council (OAC)’s Compass program has two new components. Compass is the program that funds capacity-building for organizations and professional development for individuals. Both of the program’s existing components remain.
The new categories are:
Micro-grants: Professional Development for Arts Managers
- Individual arts managers can apply for micro-grants to support management skills training.
- Deadline to apply: March 1, 2016 and November 1, 2016
- Your activity must begin after the application deadline you are applying to. Also, the activity cannot finish before the results of the program are announced (approx. two months after the deadline).
Arts Management Internships
- Organizations that receive OAC operating funding can apply for a grant to host an arts management intern who is Aboriginal, of colour, Deaf and/or has a disability.*
- Deadline to apply: July 5, 2016
- Your activity cannot begin before being notified of whether your application was successful (approx. three months after the deadline).
For more information on these new program components – including eligibility criteria, program guidelines and application forms – please visit the Compass page of OAC’s website.
* Aboriginal means Status and Non-Status, Métis and Inuit people. OAC’s definition of the term artists of colour is based on the Government of Canada’s definition of “visible minorities,” which is “persons, other than Aboriginal peoples, who are non-Caucasian in race or non-white in colour.” OAC’s definition of Deaf artists or artists with disabilities includes people who have physical, mental or learning conditions with long-term, temporary or varying effects that may be apparent or not.
For more information
Theatre, Major Organizations and Compass Officer
416-969-7433, toll free 1-800-387-0058 ext. 7433
416-969-7412, toll free 1-800-387-0058 ext. 7412