The creation, production and presentation of artistic work are the foundation of OAC’s funding model. We fund these activities through discipline-specific programs, and programs created to serve specific priority groups. We believe that works of artistic merit are created by artists from all communities, regions and cultural backgrounds and that access to the arts makes all of our lives richer.
OAC’s key funding objectives for Creating and Presenting are to:
- Support artists in creating, producing and presenting innovative and diverse work.
- Foster healthy and resilient arts organizations and communities.
- Support new ways of creating and working, as well as new organizational models.
- Showcase high-quality, relevant artistic work that inspires and engages audiences.
- Empower new and emerging voices, approaches and perspectives.
- Ensure access to the arts in regions and communities across Ontario.