Questions – Professional Development Projects
Applications include questions related to the program assessment criteria. Many questions include writing tips specific to each program.
Remember, assessors only know what you tell them. You cannot assume that they will know your work, your community or your cultural context. In answering the questions, be sure to provide all the information they need to understand and assess your project.
See the Evaluation Rubric – Professional Development Projects
for more information on how assessors rate applications.
These are the questions for this program.
- Tell us about your (or your group’s) overall artistic work, history and achievements. What is important to you in your work (cultural influences, your identity, geography, community, language, etc.) and why? If you identify with one or more of OAC’s priority groups, or if your ad hoc group/collective or organization is mandated to serve one or more of OAC’s priority groups, you may choose to refer to this here. [Maximum 300 words]
- What are you planning to do, and what do you want to achieve with this project? [Maximum 425 words]
- If you plan on involving additional artistic personnel and/or organization(s) in your project, you will be required to list the artistic personnel and/or organization(s) involved in your project. The following information is required:
- Name(s) of the person/organization involved in your project
- Location of the person's/organization's place of residence/head office.
- Their role in the project.
- Is the person(s) or organization(s) confirmed?
- Is the person(s) paid for their work/participation in your project?
- Why have you chosen, or how will you choose, the artistic personnel and/or organization(s) to work with? [Maximum 150 words]
- How will this project contribute to your development (or to your group’s overall goals)? [Maximum 200 words]
- Do you have any partners, either arts-related or non-arts-related on this project? How will you work with them and what will they contribute to the project? [Maximum 175 words]
- Outline of your work plan for this project. The following information is required:
- Start date
- End date
- Project activity/task
- Person and/or organization involved
- How will you raise money for this project? What will you do if you do not raise as much as you have planned? [Maximum 175 words]
- How did you determine and estimate expenses including artist fees? [Maximum 150 words]
- If applicable, provide a list of the goods or services being donated to this project (e.g. space, printing, equipment, volunteer time). Do not include these in your budget. [Maximum 150 words]