Theatre Organizations: Operating
Until this program opens in Nova, the Ontario Arts Council’s online granting system, program information may change. This includes deadline dates and specific information on eligibility. Be sure to visit this page after the program opens in Nova, but before starting your application.
The program supports the ongoing operations of not-for-profit, professional theatre organizations in Ontario.
The program’s priority is to support organizations that demonstrate a consistent commitment to Canadian work.
April 4 and November 1, 2024, 1 p.m. ET
- In 2024, this program is in year 1 of a three-year cycle and is accepting new applicants.
- Applications are available in Nova about two months before the deadline.
- Financial and statistical reports must be submitted through Canadian Arts Data / Données sur les arts au Canada (CADAC) before the deadline.
- Grant notification will be available about five months after each deadline.
- After this year, 2027 will be the next deadline open to new applicants to this program.
- Potential new applicants (organizations that did not receive a grant from this program last year) must contact the program officer at least one month before the deadline to request approval to apply. This process will involve one or more discussions between OAC and the potential applicant to determine its eligibility to and fit with the program, what grant amount to request, and other particulars.
The application questions and evaluation rubric have been reworked to better align with OAC’s current strategic plan.
- Ontario-based, not-for-profit corporations, or national not-for-profit corporations with the head office in Ontario
- Organizations must have:
- at least $75,000 in total revenues for the last fiscal year, and in projected revenues for the current and requested years (for applicants not currently receiving funding from this program)
- at least two years of sustained, regular, ongoing programming, as of the application date. If your organization does not meet this requirement, consider applying for project funding
- a range of revenue sources
- an active board of directors/governing body
Read the Guide to OAC Operating Programs for more eligibility information.
- non-arts organizations
- municipalities, colleges and/or universities
Complete and submit an application in Nova, OAC’s online grant application system. You will be able to apply online in Nova about two months before the deadline.
Before applying, you must:
Your application includes:
Complete instructions and requirements are in the application in Nova.
For information on how assessors rate applications see the Evaluation Rubric - Operating Programs.