The Ontario Arts Council’s (OAC) Market Development Projects and Market Development Travel Assistance programs are designed to expand market opportunities for Ontario artists and arts organizations. By building relationships with arts presenters like programmers, curators, distributors, broadcasters, producers, publishers, and gallerists, Ontario’s artists can find new audiences for their work.
Market Development Projects
The new deadline for this program is November 30, 2018, 1 p.m. ET. Eligible projects must start after November 30, 2018 and cannot be completed before March 31, 2019.
The three program categories are:
- Market Readiness: a maximum of $5,000 to develop the skills required to promote work to arts presenters, or to prepare for upcoming promotional opportunities. Eligible activities include:
- training and mentorship on how to market your work
- market research to learn about potential new audiences
- producing marketing materials to promote work to arts presenters
- Market Platform: a maximum of $15,000 to produce an event or platform to showcase work to an industry audience. Eligible activities include:
- producing a showcase, exhibition, pitch session or conference to connect Ontario artists, arts organizations and industry presenters
- producing a digital platform that can be accessed by arts presenters
- Market Access: a maximum of $20,000 to promote or showcase work at a recognized arts marketplace, festival or event that will be attended by arts presenters. Eligible activities include:
- participating in a recognized industry event to promote, pitch or showcase your work to arts presenters
- leading a delegation representing Ontario to a recognized arts industry event to enhance the profile of Ontario artists and their work in a new marketplace
Projects with a wide impact on a sector and applicants from OAC priority groups will be given preference in all three categories of Market Development Projects.
Market Development Travel Assistance
Applications will be accepted from mid-October 2018 until the 2018-19 budget is spent (likely by mid-March 2019). Requests must be made at least six weeks before your scheduled travel.
This program supports travel costs related to connecting with arts presenters at a recognized arts marketplace or event, or to undertake self-directed travel.
Applicants can request between $750 and $2,000, depending on their travel destination. Supplementary funding (an additional $500 to $1,000) is available for applicants from Northern Ontario and from remote, isolated or fly-in communities.
How to apply for these programs
For more information
Touring and Audience Development Officer
416-646-7466 | Toll-free in Ontario: 1-800-387-0058 ext. 7466