Producing and sharing valid and credible research is an important part of OAC’s commitment to advocate for the value of the arts in people’s lives. Our research supports the work, planning and advocacy of artists and arts organizations across Ontario, while increasing the public’s understanding of the economic, social and cultural impacts of the arts.
The OAC’s Research Office offers a range of activity and services, including:
- Providing information on OAC’s grant statistics.
- Conducting original research on the arts in Ontario.
- Reviewing and summarizing external research on the arts.
- Responding to requests for research and statistics about the arts.
- Producing ArtFacts, an occasional publication summarizing research findings on the arts.
- Partnering with others on needed arts research, including co-funding the Statistical Insights on the Arts series with the Department of Canadian Heritage and the Canada Council for the Arts.
Find Research Publication by Topic
A large audience takes in a performance by the Complaints Choir on the Redpath Stage at Harbourfront Centre in Toronto as part of Canada Day celebrations. (Photo: Roman Sekyrka)